Welcome to the Engels Single Spindle Screw Machine Services information page. We are the premier provider of Single Spindle (Brown & Sharpe) Screw Machining Services. Our goal is to provide the very best in catering to your needs. Because our quality control standards are high, our employees are among the best in the business. Our goal is to always deliver your parts and exceed your expectations. We want you, our valued customer, to be happy. Here is a list of our services.
Screw Machining is our lowest cost machining option with cycle times anywhere from 1 .75 seconds to 120 seconds. Engels Machining LLC recognizes the key benefits of single spindle screw machining equipment. By operating the single spindle equipment, we are able to run larger quantities that are too large for CNC equipment. Tooling up is less costly than multi-spindles. The biggest benefit is that the parts run 2-5 times faster than on CNC equipment. We have a large variety of machine sizes and capabilities with and without lipe bar feed, 4-slide, 4 speed and RPO.
All our Brown & Sharpe single spindle screw machining equipment with our lipe auto magazine bar feeder are capable of 2 mm (-.078") to 1 5/8". Lights-out, value added unattended production is possible when the process is fully under control results in lower costs for our partners. We run lot sizes of 50,000 to 100,000 depending on the number of details, dimensions, and finishes required. We also have higher cost CNC single point machine options.
A special cost-effective screw machining in-house developed process is our double-ended threaded rods used primarily to make special and custom u-bolts in lower quantities than are typically produced. We also manufacture OEM service parts with EAU of 5-10K or less in special or hard to find materials. We are also proud of our pre-production runs of parts we typically help design to reduce costs, and that are prototyped on our CNC equipment and later on our screw machines for a more cost effective production on our lower cost conventional cam-driven equipment.
Key Benefits of Single Spindle Equipment
- Allows Us to run Smaller Quantities that are still too large for CNC Lathes
- Tooling up is less costly than multi-spindles
- Runs parts often 2-5 times faster than CNC lathes
Our Key Capabilities in this area
We have a variety of machine sizes and capabilities with and without lipe bar feed, 4-slide, 4 speed and RPO (Rapid Pull Out - Used primarily for Deep hole Drilling). We usually have a machine just suited for most parts. While we do not have a over-abundance of one size it does allow us to run a wide range of parts.
- Tight Tolerances, and ability to monitor and maintain +/-.001.
- Quite often we do this on parts with over 25 different dimensions per part.
- Secondary Operations
- We often finish parts with drilling, tapping, slotting, etc. using mills, wire edm, CNC secondary equipment as necessary.
Reference Some of our Sample Work
Below are some of our more difficult parts that exploit our single spindle equipment and in-house experience and skills.
- Special Cost-Effective In-House Developed Processes
- Double-Ended Threaded Rods - used primarily to make special and custom u-bolts in lower quantities that typically produced.
- OEM Service Parts
- OEM service parts with EAU of 5-10K or less in special or hard to find materials.
- Pre-Production Runs
- Pre-production runs of parts we typically help design to reduce costs, and that we proto-typed on our CNC Lathe or later on our CNC Screw machines and that are now ready for more cost effective production on our lower cost conventional cam-driven equipment.